In 2018, 70% of web traffic was created by smartphones and tablets. Experts estimated that this figure would grow to 80% by the end of 2019. Many businesses think that just because their business is available on a mobile device, it is optimised for mobile use. This, however, is untrue and many companies are failing to capitalise on mobile optimisation. Below we explore what mobile optimisation is in more detail and why it is important.
What is mobile optimisation?
Mobile optimisation is the process of structuring and organising your website to ensure that when your website is accessed from a mobile device, mobile users have a unique and enjoyable experience when on your website. For example, the website should be easy to navigate on a small mobile screen and should have quick load speeds.
Why is mobile optimisation important?
Having a mobile optimised website will not only ensure your customers have the best experience possible whilst interacting with your brand, but it will also help improve SEO and your online presence. For example, mobile users are likely to navigate away from a website within 15 seconds if the page doesn’t load fully within that time. Mobile internet connections can often be slower than desktops, signifying the importance of having a website with optimised load speeds.
Quick optimisation tips
• Have a large call to action button that stands out on a small display screen.
• Consistently check your load speeds to ensure your bounce rate is reduced.
• Ensure your graphics fit onto a small display screen aesthetically and your website can be navigated easily.
• Remove additions such as pop-ups which can be annoying for mobile users.
• Consider touch over mouse controls; for instance, fingers of all sizes must be able to use the screen effectively.
• Create a dedicated mobile app and direct your users to this when they try to access your website on a mobile platform.
• Don’t rely on zoom, zoom can be frustrating to navigate so ensure none of your tools or images requires the user to zoom in to be able to view them clearly.
The ultimate tech solution
Streamlining your workflow and improving the efficiency of your online processes for mobile optimisation will not only improve online sales but increase the efficiency of your business overall. Task allocation strategies, clarified reporting and utilising in-house analytics can all improve your mobile application development and your business overall.
Contact vLinkD today
At vLinkD, we create mobile application development and optimisation solutions, not problems. No matter what industry you operate in, having a strong mobile presence is essential and failure to optimise your website could cause you to lose countless business opportunities. Contact us today for an obligation free consultation and speak to one of our tech experts about how you could improve your mobile presence and streamline your business processes.